Reasons to join the NAAAP Chicago Board:
- NAAAP is a worthy cause. NAAAP’s mission is to help Asian American Professionals advance in their careers. Your board service will help guide the organization’s overall direction and impact towards this mission.
- NAAAP offers the ability to expand your personal and professional networks by meeting other non-profit leaders locally in Chicago and nationally through NAAAP.
- NAAAP need directors that are a good match to our organization. You’ll be a member of the highest-level decision-making team for NAAAP Chicago and so your level of responsibility will likely be more substantial than many (although by no means all) volunteer roles.
- Building your non-profit experience can help you serve a for-profit board later. You will learn more about the nuts and bolts of nonprofit governance as well as getting hands-on experience with such tasks as strategic planning, financial management, and fundraising. Many for-profit boards looking for directors consider nonprofit board service to be a plus.
- NAAAP builds your leadership skills. Individuals who serve on a board have the opportunity to develop and grow as leaders and cultivate new skill sets.
What do you receive as a leader of NAAAP-Chicago?
- Meaningful leadership experiences that will help you become a better leader.
- Specific leadership training, very similar to what companies pay thousands of dollars for their top stars to receive.
- Mentorship with a distinguished senior advisory board.
You cannot learn leadership from reading a book or sitting in class. To become a leader, you must learn by doing. NAAAP-Chicago has been transforming itself to serve the Asian professional community at higher levels than ever before. Our leadership team today is strong and talented. Become a part of our team; make meaningful change in our community. We are looking for serious candidates who have passion and enthusiasm for positive and lasting change.
NAAAP is here to develop your leadership skills, abilities, knowledge, attitudes, and competencies through experiential learning. If you need help to grow your career in Corporate America, Government America, Education America, or anywhere in America, this is the place to start.
Questions? Please contact Rose Olea, firstname.lastname@example.org